Embassy Flag, Inc. is a leading supplier of official U.S. government agency and departmental flags. The executive branch is made up of federal departments, agencies, committees, and other entities. Flags help commemorate their service while showing pride.
At Embassy Flag, Inc., we exclusively supply U.S. government, military, state and territory flags and related display hardware, along with religious, cultural, and historic flags. Read on to learn more about the flags we manufacture.
Government and U.S. Military Flags
U.S. government and military flags are a visible reminder of each body’s history, patriotism, pride, and commitment to public service.
Military American Flags
Each branch of the U.S. military has its own official flag:
- Army. The U.S. Army is the land service branch. U.S. Army flags feature a blue War Office seal over a white field.
- Air Force. Founded in 1947, the U.S. Air Force is the air service branch of the U.S. Armed Forces. Air Force flags consist of the branch’s crest and shield over a blue field. Space Force flags fall under the authority of the Department of the Air Force.
- Coast Guard. The United States Coast Guard flag has a blue Great Seal of the U.S. over a white field. This defense branch provides search and rescue, maritime security, and law enforcement.
- Marine Corps. Marine Corps flags have a gold and gray Corps emblem set on a red field. The Marine Corps is the land and maritime service branch of the Armed Forces.
- Navy. U.S. Navy flags feature the department’s seal over a blue background. Other Naval battalion flags, and command and signal flags are an important part of this maritime service branch.
Government: Department and Agency Flags
Government department and agency flags are a representation of their authority as well as a sign of pride and patriotism.
A U.S. department refers to one of the executive departments outlined in Section 1 Title 5 of the U.S. Code of Laws, unless the context implies the term refers to the judicial, executive, or legislative branches. A U.S. agency is any department, commission, independent establishment, authority, board, bureau, or administration of the U.S., or any corporation in which the government has a proprietary interest. The term “agency” can also be used in a more limited scope.
U.S. government and defense flags are for official use only. Here are the general display requirements:
- Location: The flags should only be displayed in facilities leased and occupied solely by the designated department, as allowed by leasing arrangements and General Services Administration (GSA) policy.
- Position: The flag should be displayed or flown strictly in conjunction with the U.S. flag.
- Indoors: U.S. flags must be displayed in the Offices of the Secretary, Assistant Secretaries, Solicitor, Inspector General, and the main and regional headquarters of bureaus and offices.
- Outdoors: U.S. flags should also be flown over, near, or at the entrance of department installations.
- Occasions: U.S. flags and corresponding departmental or military flags should also be displayed at special events or official functions, like press conferences and ceremonies.
According to 36 U.S. Code § 173-178, when displaying the U.S. flag beside other flags on different staffs, the U.S. flag should be on the right, or the viewer’s left. When the U.S. flag is carried in a procession, 4 U.S. Code § 7 mandates that it should be on the marching right or in the front and center in a line of other flags. Different states also have specific government flag etiquette regulations. For example, in Washington, D.C., RCW 35A.21.180 mandates that the flags of the U.S. and the state be displayed and maintained in code city buildings.
For more information about regulations and flag etiquette, refer to Public Law 94-344 and the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Departmental Manual (DM) 310, chapters 4 and 5.
U.S. Executive Departmental Flags We Offer
At Embassy Flag, we provide the following departmental flags:
- Department of Agriculture Flags
- Department of Commerce Flags
- Department of Defense Flags
- Department of Education Flags
- Department of Energy Flags
- Department of Health and Human Services flags
- Department of Homeland Security Flags
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Flags
- Department of the Interior Flags
- Department of Justice (DOJ) Flags
- Department of Labor Flags
- Department of State Flags
- Department of Transportation Flags
- Department of the Treasury Flags
- Department of Veterans Affairs Flags
Other U.S. Government Agency and Departmental Flags We Offer
Embassy Flag offers U.S. government agency flags, including but not limited to:
- Cabinet Flags
- Social Security Administration Flags
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Flags
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Flags
- Director of National Intelligence Flags
- Missile Defense Agency Flags
- National Security Agency (NSA) Flags
- United States Forest Service (USFS) Flags
- United States Public Health Service Flags
- Surgeon General Flags
- Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Flags
- National Park Service (NPS) Flags
- United States Geological Survey (USGS) Flags
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Flags
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) Star Worksite Flags
- Federal Aviation Administration Flags
Choose Embassy Flag, Inc. for U.S. Government and Military Flags
We are a leading supplier of U.S. government agency, departmental, and military flags. All our flags are made in America, high-quality, and durable. We are a registered, fully compliant, small-business certified U.S. government contractor. We proudly partner with American suppliers for flagpoles, flags, and hardware.